LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN APP
Who was Ludwig van Beethoven?
An interactive biograhy of the great composer and musical genius Ludwig van Beethoven, telling the story of his life in 16 illustrated chapters: From his birth in Bonn in 1770 to his death in Vienna in 1827.
Each chapter is accompanied by segments from his symphonies, piano concertos, sonatas and string quartets, introducing you to Beethoven’s most important compositions.
A search for the man behind the myth of Beethoven and a journey through the work of the most significant composer of all time.
- Bagatelle in A minor WoO 59, “Für Elise”
- Septet E-flat major op. 20
- Sonata No. 14, op. 27 No. 2, “Moonlight Sonata“
- Symphony No. 3 in E-flat major op. 55
- Sonata No. 23 in F minor op. 57, “Appassionata”
- Piano Concerto No. 4 in G major op. 58
- String Quartet No. 7, op. 59 No. 1
- Symphony No. 5 in C minor op. 67
- Symphony No. 6 in F major op. 68, “Pastorale”
- Piano Concerto No. 5 in E-flat major op. 73
- Symphony No. 7 in A major op. 92
- Symphony No. 9 in D minor op. 125
- Rondo a capriccio op. 129, “Rage over a lost penny”
Sound recording by courtesy of Naxos Deutschland – www.naxos.de
The Peruvian artist Martín López Lam (Lima, 1981) based in Spain is the illustrator of this app. He is a very versatile artist who usually works as an illustrator, graphic artist and publicist (Ediciones Valientes). Winner of the Fnac-Salamandra International Graphic Novel Award in 2019 („Las edades de la rata“), for Martín “Ludwig van Beethoven” was his debut as an app illustrator.
- Conception and production: Ruth Bersch-Gómez
- Illustration: Martín López Lam
- Animation: Knud Strick-Schulz
- Sound Design: Matthias Falkenau
- Programming: Martin Perlbach